Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Product Line: Home Care Solutions!

Hello everyone! It's been a year since I last updated this blog...

Last year, I had a plan to produce new batches of soap for customers who had placed their orders in this site, unfortunately, I got so busy with moving to a new place and finding a new job so I put the plan on hold.

When I got a job last year, I became extremely busy with adjusting and adopting the new routine that every weekend, my body and mind were exhausted enough to accommodate other thoughts, eventually the plans went to drain and did not materialize.

I also needed further trainings in developing soap and applying innovative techniques to come up with excellent procedures. Early this year, while researching for effective business strategies and contemplating what to do with my life in the succeeding years, I stumbled on the idea of venturing into household products under minimal capital, the idea sounds very interesting that I began searching for available trainings related to this business. Until I got one.

The other day I attended a four-hour training/seminar from ASC company in Cubao, Quezon City how to produce handmade household cleaning products that are safe and high quality. I thorough gained further knowledge and enough understanding with different chemical structures, its compatibilities and how each element works to achieve a high standard result in household cleaning.

The training I attended covered the following product making:
  • Dishwashing Liquid
  • Liquid Detergent
  • Fabric Conditioner
  • Liquid Hand Soap
  • Toilet Bowl Cleanser
  • Car Shampoo
  • Hair Shampoo
  • Perfume/Cologne
I asked a very good friend to help me put up the initial capital to develop the introduction stage of the business, she immediately sent me money to be used as start-up. Now, I am producing the first batches of Liquid Detergent and Dishwashing Liquid.

The supplier, where I attended the training, used a high grade coconut-based surfactant as a raw material for household cleaning products because coconut, as we all know, has complete cleaning and foaming components. It contains a powerful cleansing ability that thoroughly remove dirt and grease.

Here are the following learnings I gained from the training/seminar I attended:
  • Surfactant means surface active agent, its main responsibility is to cleanse and remove grease and dirt that stick to the surface.
  • Foam is not responsible for cleansing the surface.
  • Coconut contains a powerful cleansing ability.
  • Liquid detergent is the newest laundry trend in some developed countries.
  • Liquid detergent releases minimal foam but has a perfect ability to remove dirt in fabric because the surfactant is more intact and easily dissolves in water.
  • Liquid detergent is more ideal to use in washing machines than detergent powder because it doesn't yield too much foam.
  • It is highly improper to ADD MORE WATER TO THE DISHWASHING LIQUID just to add volume to the amount of gel and extend its quantity for weeks. Tap water contains traced minerals that interact with ingredients making the anti-bacterial property ineffective. This means that if tap water is added to the dishwashing product without consuming the liquid right away, it will produce microscopic bacteria that will stick on the surface.
  • Purified water and Distilled water are the only varieties to be used in producing dishwashing liquid, fabric conditioner, liquid detergent, car shampoo and other home care products, even personal care products like soap, lotion, shampoo and perfume. 
  • Other fly-by-night household product makers used tap water to cut the expenses but it yields a poor quality result. Dishwashing liquid produced using  a tap water will have a cloudy appearance that hid bacteria. Normally, dishwashing liquid comes in a clear, viscosity solution.
  • Anti-bacterial solution needs to be included in the mixing process to kill microbes that pass during the production stage.
After attending the training/seminar and learned the intricate process producing high quality household cleaning products, I was so inspired to make my first two batches of Dishwashing Liquid and Liquid Detergent. I'll be uploading soon the price quotation of these products. Just keep posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment